Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dwayne Wilkinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromecast: Using w/ GP Music crashes HTC One

has anyone had a crash issue when casting music using the Google Play Music app on the HTC One? for me, it only crashes when I click the volume buttons to change the volume when i am outside the GP music app. and this crash is not a normal app crash! the whole phone restarts, and then goes into a "limited" mode, where the lock button doesn't lock the phone, and other functions (like miracast) don't work until i actually go and restart the phone myself. hopes google notices the major bug and fixes the problem; it's currently a pain to use since i forget about it and accidentally press the volume buttons

pandora works fine; maybe because of the fact that i can't change the volume of the chromecast for pandora when i'm outside the app...
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-15-2014 at 12:08 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Using w/ GP Music crashes HTC One

now that Google has implemented the Chromecast plug-in into the GPMusic web app, i've ditched the mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Even after KitKat update, it's still doing this......anyone else????

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I have the same problem.
    I'm using HTC One + and when casting to chromecast. The mobile restart.
    But only when I try to adjust the volume

Cheers

Default Re: Chromecast: Using w/ GP Music crashes HTC One

I think this is a HTC Sense/play music combination issue. I have no problems on my nexus 7. My HTC One X now crashes all the time when casting from play music.
    sashaglo likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The problem was fixed with a recent bug fix update for GP Music. Hope it helped yours too. And this only occurred whenever I changed the volume outside of the app itself; it might not be the same problem on your HTC One X

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Hi there, I'm still experiencing this issue. It's intermittent when casting google play music to the chromecast. I'm on a htc one, and have updated play app to the latest version. The phone will cast but often crashes, maybe 80% of time. Sometimes restarts straight away but if not often when I press a button.

One thing that does happen on occasion is the power button on the phone stop functioning, ie can't dim screen. Volume buttons, when it doesn't crash, seem to work ok tho.

Be great to hear if anyone else is experiencing issues. Btw no sonos systems on the wifi