Hulu plus app help

Kristy Diggs

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded the Huluplus App on my Android phone. I went to cast something and there was no button. Upon investigating Chromecast says I need version Hulu Plus app version 2.9 or higher on Android. The version that downloaded is only 1.4 but there is no way I can find to update it. Anyone come across this and know how to get the correct version?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You've got to give us basic information if you want help. What phone do you have? What version OS do you have? Is it at least 4.1? Do you already have the chromecast setup and working with other apps? Are you connected to the wireless network that the chromecast is on?

Michael Ogata

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am having similar issues. I am running Android 4.4.2 and have version 2.9.4 of the Hulu Plus app. Nowhere on the UI do I see the "cast" icon. I can cast using the Netflix app and the YouTube app so I know my CC is at least working. I've heard some people around the net say the cast icon appears in the control bar AFTER you've started a video but I still couldn't find it.

Any ideas?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am having similar issues. I am running Android 4.4.2 and have version 2.9.4 of the Hulu Plus app. Nowhere on the UI do I see the "cast" icon. I can cast using the Netflix app and the YouTube app so I know my CC is at least working. I've heard some people around the net say the cast icon appears in the control bar AFTER you've started a video but I still couldn't find it.

Any ideas?

Try clearing the cache of the hulu plus app. Then try uninstalling it and reinstalling. I assume you just got 4.4.2 - was it working before your OS upgrade or you didn't try it then? If you still don't see it while connected to the wifi network, try rebooting the chromecast. On my phone, the cast icon appears without playing anything next to the search icon in the top row of the app.

Michael Ogata

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Clearing the cache did the trick! I didn't even need to kill or re-install the app. I just cleared the cache and switched back to the app and the cast icon was on Hulu's home page Thanks a lot!

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have tried everything. Including rebooting the tablet, clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. My cast button just never shows. Chromecast is working fine on all the other apps but just not Hulu plus. All my software have been updated to the latest versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci