Recommendations

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Rather than sort through hundreds of topic specific posts here about this device, I thought I would try to seek out some generic recommendations. I know it's a small one-time fee to get this device, but regardless of the amount, if it isn't worth it, I'd rather save the money. What are some of the things liked, some of the disappointing features? What are the basics of operation? How compatible is it with iOS? Does it work better with some OS compared to another? I know what Google says about it, but I want to know what users say about it.

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Rather than sort through hundreds of topic specific posts here about this device, I thought I would try to seek out some generic recommendations. I know it's a small one-time fee to get this device, but regardless of the amount, if it isn't worth it, I'd rather save the money. What are some of the things liked, some of the disappointing features? What are the basics of operation? How compatible is it with iOS? Does it work better with some OS compared to another? I know what Google says about it, but I want to know what users say about it.

Thanks!

I got one, and I like it. I can cast from my PC or my phone to my TV, sites like YouTube, and Hulu or Hulu+. With Hulu, you can cast the free version on a desktop PC, however, you need proper hardware for it. My laptop will cast it but poorly (I believe my processor is inadequate). Hulu doesn't allow you to view free TV shows on mobile. You can also cast music from Google Play. I think another is HBO GO.

Now, there are more and more apps becoming compatible with Chromecast.

As for compatibility with iOS, I am not sure. And as for any thing like this that can be purchased, ask at WalMart what the return policy is. Even if it is as little as 2 weeks, you can at least return it if you don't like it.

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got one, and I like it. I can cast from my PC or my phone to my TV, sites like YouTube, and Hulu or Hulu+. With Hulu, you can cast the free version on a desktop PC, however, you need proper hardware for it. My laptop will cast it but poorly (I believe my processor is inadequate). Hulu doesn't allow you to view free TV shows on mobile. You can also cast music from Google Play. I think another is HBO GO.

Now, there are more and more apps becoming compatible with Chromecast.

As for compatibility with iOS, I am not sure. And as for any thing like this that can be purchased, ask at WalMart what the return policy is. Even if it is as little as 2 weeks, you can at least return it if you don't like it.

Thanks. I'm looking for a $50 gift for a white elephant exchange. It seemed like a cool enough idea. I was just not sure exactly how it worked or if it had any practicality.