- 38 Posts
No Dolby Digital
I have Chromcast pluged into HDMI port on my Panasonic TC-P50S2, it's about 5 years old. From my tv I have a optical cable to my Sony receiver for Dolby Digital 5.1. I have my Blu Ray and Cable box hooked to my TV using HDMI cables.When i play either of those 2 through the tv get Dolby digital decoded to my Sony receiver. ( I know this because a blue light comes on when the source is in Dolby digital. The problem i have is with my Chromecast not playing in dolby digital to my receiver, through my TV. I have read a number of older threads on this, was wondering if there is a fix to this problem.
- 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM #2
- 12-24-2013, 07:18 AM #4
- 32 Posts
Re: No Dolby Digital
You will not be able to get 5.1 out of your setup. First you need the audio return chance (ARC) on the TV to transfer 5.1 from the HDMI source. Many TVs only do this with TV stations. The second thing is that you need a receiver that can decode Dolby Digital +. Your 5yr old receiver will not do this. Unfortunately you will need to upgrade your system in order to get 5.1 out of your chromecast.
- 12-24-2013, 08:15 AM #5
- By markgoldkuhl in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 09:47 PM
- By parkerd97 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2013, 07:42 AM
- By Vizi in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2013, 05:20 AM
- By kneafseym in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2013, 12:07 PM
- By cactusgirlecf in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)Replies: 0Last Post: 12-22-2013, 04:14 PM