- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Chromecast set up frustrations
I got the chromecast for Christmas and was excited to try it. I downloaded the app, plugged in the dongle into the tv and followed the directions. When I connected the chromecast to the wifi, the phones and tablets on the wifi were kicked off. After set up was complete I got an error message on the screen that chromecast was not connected to the internet. The only way were were able to get our phone and tablet. To reconnect was to soft reset the router. We did this twice.
I'm very frustrated because all I read is that it is easy to set up, so no support available.
Any suggestions? Otherwise it is going back.
- 12-25-2013, 09:25 PM #2
- 12-25-2013, 09:56 PM #3
Re: Chromecast set up frustrations
Welcome to Android Central! When you reboot the router, does everything reconnect and stay reconnected? Or do you have to keep rebooting the router? It's not that unusual to have to reboot a router once when a new device is added.
- 12-25-2013, 10:03 PM #4
- By FuryD in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-22-2014, 05:32 PM
- By sh1bby69 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM
- By Droidguy2791 in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 03:44 PM
- By zaydabarber in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2013, 07:06 PM
- By tibiya in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 5Last Post: 12-25-2013, 03:10 PM