Share Desktop Audio

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to get audio to work when I share my desktop...I would like to play my movies I see picture but no audio..
audio is checked

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
When sharing your desktop, sound will only come from the computer. You can hook up speakers if you need louder sound or want the sound to be coming from closer to the TV.

Btw, audio mode is for when you are streaming music. You don't want to check that with video because it will lower your video quality.

Last edited:

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
When sharing your desktop, sound will only come from the computer. You can hook up speakers if you need louder sound or want the sound to be coming from closer to the TV.

Btw, audio mode is for when you are streaming music. You don't want to check that with video because it will lower your video quality.

Odd as when I cast my desktop last night I got Spotify to play out of the TV speakers just fine. No sound from my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey, this is great. I finally got home to try this again and see this is now working. I just tried it playing hulu (not plus) in my Firefox browser, casting the entire desktop and the audio came through. It must be in the latest update because it never worked before, but I'm not sure which update - build, extension, or chrome.

To the OP, what OS are you running? What chromecast build? What Chrome browser version? And what cast extension version?

Here are mine: Win 7 Pro; Build 14975: Chrome 32.0.1700.68 m; extension 13.1210.0.6

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It depend on the audio codec of your movie and whether chrome have the necessary codec to decode it. If not, you need to transcode the audio to a compatible format.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38