Chromecast: Internet Connections Drops When Turning on My TV That Has Chromecast Plugged In

baybreeze

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Chromecast dongle connected to one TV so far, and it works fine, except I'm having an issue with internet connectivity. If I'm on my laptop via wifi, for example, and someone else turns on the TV to which Chromecast is plugged in, I lose my internet connections briefly. The loss is usually only about a minute or two, but it's still annoying. I also noticed that in my list of wifi networks, it will say I have limited connectivity on the network that I use. It states this right after my laptop drops it's internet connection. Once I'm connected again, the limited connectivity notification disappears. I did double check to make sure all of my devices were connected to the same network.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Could there be some settings on my router that I might need to change? My router is a NetGear N600, model WNDR3700v.2. Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet Connections Drops When Turning on My TV That Has Chromecast Plugged In

It didn't happen for me. I was watching a YouTube video and turned on my TV and the streaming hiccupped a little, but didn't cut out.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Internet Connections Drops When Turning on My TV That Has Chromecast Plugged In

I have a Chromecast dongle connected to one TV so far, and it works fine, except I'm having an issue with internet connectivity. If I'm on my laptop via wifi, for example, and someone else turns on the TV to which Chromecast is plugged in, I lose my internet connections briefly. The loss is usually only about a minute or two, but it's still annoying. I also noticed that in my list of wifi networks, it will say I have limited connectivity on the network that I use. It states this right after my laptop drops it's internet connection. Once I'm connected again, the limited connectivity notification disappears. I did double check to make sure all of my devices were connected to the same network.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Could there be some settings on my router that I might need to change? My router is a NetGear N600, model WNDR3700v.2. Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a router issue to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2