1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question when will chromecast be able to mirror my tablet?

i want to watch videos that i found online, but it seems that i can only watch the few from youtube, and other paid sites.

is it a hardware or software issue?

if they add the new feature, can i just update the software or i have to buy a new one?

Global Posts
    13,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: when will chromecast be able to mirror my tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    i want to watch videos that i found online, but it seems that i can only watch the few from youtube, and other paid sites.

is it a hardware or software issue?

if they add the new feature, can i just update the software or i have to buy a new one?
    It's a limitation of the Chromecast. From what I understand, there is going to be mirroring support in the future. I think they put some of the first steps in 4.4.2. I would guess it should be as simple as updating your device, and maybe the Chromecast. Shouldn't be any need to buy a new one.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

It's a software limitation. Screen mirroring should be coming. It will require an update to the phone OS and an automatic OTA for the chromecast. Of course other apps could have support added so you may not need screen casting. You can see supported apps at chromecast.com/apps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gracticus View Post
    It's a software limitation. Screen mirroring should be coming. It will require an update to the phone OS and an automatic OTA for the chromecast. Of course other apps could have support added so you may not need screen casting. You can see supported apps at chromecast.com/apps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    It may not need an os update, they may be able to do it with a play services update.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock Sense 4+

Download the app Avia or Real Player Cloud. Both cast media from your device to the Chromecast.

Posted via Android Central App