Youtube Disconnects and queue clearing

guiv1

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Am I the only one who have problems adding new phone to the cast with the application Youtube?
RANDOMLY, a phone connects to the youtube cast and it disconnects others phones already connected. Sometimes it even clear the current playlist that everyone had add videos.
When everything goes well (not often) a video is playing and people connects to the chromecast, video still plays and everyone see the queue.
But sometimes, when they joins the cast, the youtube app is restarting, video continue or not, queue is clear or not, phones disconnect or not...

This is really annoying since we can be 10 phones controlling the app without any issue and some others time only 2 phone can't connect together!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand what the issue is. Only one device can cast to Chromecast at the same time.

I seem to recall that multiple devices could add to the que for "YouTube parties". I never tested this myself so i cant guarentee this was possible but I know i read posts about it.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I seem to recall that multiple devices could add to the que for "YouTube parties". I never tested this myself so i cant guarentee this was possible but I know i read posts about it.

I had to Google YouTube parties to see what this was. Never heard the term before. Interesting.

guiv1

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I can confirm that we can be multiple device connected to the youtube app and add separatly videos to the queue. It works but its buggy...
Was wondering if I was the only one with the random disconnect issue...

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had to Google YouTube parties to see what this was. Never heard the term before. Interesting.

I only used the term because I read it in a thread here. From what I understood it to be it was essentially abunch of peopel using a Chromecast to stack videos in the Que so everyone could share on the big screen.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds just like the problem I have using the app my Sony blu-ray player (which uses the same youtube backend as chromecast). It's always been a bit balky but for the last week or two it's been terrible. I need to re-pair my device almost everyday, sometimes the TV is no longer 'connected, and while I don't use the queue very much the last time I did it was cleared at some point.

So people don't misinterpret this, this is not chromecast. I'm just saying it sounds a lot like the problems I'm seeing with my blu-ray and it's been particularly bad lately so it maybe something on the YouTube back-end rather than with Chromecast.

guiv1

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully an update will fix this... Chromecast or youtube. When searching on forums there is not a lot of people that reported this... Not sure Google knows and are working on this :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2