Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poor performance when casting a tab from Chrome. Anyone using ChromeOS?

What specs do you have on your laptop? Have a windows 8 laptop at 1.4ghz and it stutters non stop when casting a tab. According to Google support page for minimum requirements to tab cast for Windows they recommend 2ghz+ and for Chrome OS they just have listed the chromebook pixel, hp chromebook 14, acer c720, and c720p. I looked up the specs for those and they are all 1.4ghz. I would like to pick up a Chromebook since they are cheap enough but not sure if I should trust that 1.4Ghz on Chrome OS is going to cast a tab flawlessly compared to a 1.4Ghz on windows 8. If some people could chime in and tell me what specs and OS you are using and if you're able to cast a tab with no problems. Thank you! Link to Google minimum requirements https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3209990

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Poor performance when casting a tab from Chrome. Anyone using ChromeOS?

The specs are lower for the Chromebooks because Windows is a pig with resources and Android/Chrome is not.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Poor performance when casting a tab from Chrome. Anyone using ChromeOS?

My Samsung Chromebook does alright at it, but it is ARM, not Intel.

Posted via Android Central App