Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Avia error message

Strange issue! Ive got an mp4/aac file on my gpad 8.3. When i try to stream it through chromecast, i get a message stating the file type is not supported by Chromecast. But then i pull it up in real player and it streams. Weird right? Avia has worked before. Wouldnt be an issue to just use real player but it makes me buffer constantly. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Avia error message

It most likely is not using a supported video codec. Here are the codecs: https://developers.google.com/cast/s...ed_media_types

RealPlayer does transcoding (as does Plex) and Avia does not so that is why you can play unsupported codecs on those but not on Avia.

I've had the exact problem too. The weird thing is, is that if I download an mp4 file on my laptop and then using my phone on the avia app, if I go to that laptop on the network and browse videos and try to cast they video I get the same error message you are. But if I download the exact same mp4 file directly onto my phone and cast it, it will play flawless.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by lucky87ad View Post
    I've had the exact problem too. The weird thing is, is that if I download an mp4 file on my laptop and then using my phone on the avia app, if I go to that laptop on the network and browse videos and try to cast they video I get the same error message you are. But if I download the exact same mp4 file directly onto my phone and cast it, it will play flawless.

Posted via Android Central App
    Weird!