- 72 Posts
I know that chromecast and device must be on the same Wifi signal to work and I have a different route. Since I don't have a Wi-Fi signal.. Can I use my phone to tether Chromecast and control it as well?
Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4
- 02-14-2014, 09:37 PM #2
This is something I've been wondering. I just cancelled Comcast and would love a chrome cast as long as I can use it by tethering my phone. I hope someone who owns one can answer this question.
Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
- 02-15-2014, 11:37 AM #3
- 2,677 Posts
Wifi is wifi so in theory you should be able to. However, you would need more than one Android device. The phone to supply the tethered wifi signal and another phone or tablet to actually set up Chromecast and cast from.Pat
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
- 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM #4
- 113 Posts
Note: this is only practical if you have unlimited data for your phone.
- 02-15-2014, 01:56 PM #5
- 495 Posts
Theoretically anything that can produce a WiFi signal could do it as it relies on local networking.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk-Retired -
8GB Toshiba Thrive
AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777
Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
- By AndroidCentralSean in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 10Last Post: 06-05-2014, 07:31 PM
- By Moo Cow in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 5Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:06 AM
- By Tim Bliznik in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2014, 09:08 AM
- By juwlz in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 3Last Post: 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
- By IAmSixNine in forum HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2014, 06:22 PM