Presentation with Chromecast and Nexus 7?

Malawi89

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way I can get my Chromecast to stream the presentations on my Nexus 7, whether it be a Prezi, or Powerpoint or whatever? I specifically bought the chromecast with the assumption that if I could stream videos I would be able to do something as basic as stream a presentation for the classes I teach. I'm new to the Chromecast, but from what I've been reading it's not looking promising.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to use a laptop for that. The only current alternative on a Nexus 7 would be to convert your presentations into a video in a format supported by one of apps that cast video files from android tablets. This would of course remove your ability to manually change slides - you would have to pause and start the video if you did not have your presentation perfectly timed. It would be better just to use a laptop and cast the entire desktop.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way I can get my Chromecast to stream the presentations on my Nexus 7, whether it be a Prezi, or Powerpoint or whatever? I specifically bought the chromecast with the assumption that if I could stream videos I would be able to do something as basic as stream a presentation for the classes I teach. I'm new to the Chromecast, but from what I've been reading it's not looking promising.

You can try allcast. It's the only app i can think of that might work, but i don't know for sure that it will. Pretty soon there will be tools available that will make that a lot easier but right now it's limited

Posted via my G Pad which is much better than some silly Nexus

Zymous

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The Ezcast app will 'cast PowerPoint presentations and do screencasting, but Prezi needs Flash 11.1 or higher which I don't have on any of my devices, so I can't test it.

--
Zym

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Localcast much better alternative to allcast,

Allcast very buggy hit & miss, localcast free lots of features

Posted via Android Central App