- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 Cannot Communicate
I wondered if anyone could help me.
I have had my Google Chromecast since December and am starting to wish I never bought it. I cannot connect to the Chromecast through my Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3. I see the device but constantly get the "cannot communicate with Chromecast" error.
I have performed a FDR on the Chromecast and by phone, have switched routers and powered the Chromecast via USB and bought a power adapter but no luck.
The Chromecast does communicate with my PC and laptop.
I have scrolled through pages and pages of forums and still no luck, have been through Google technical support and been shipped a replacement Chromecast, can anyone out there help?
- 03-01-2014, 10:57 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Cannot Communicate
I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4. I read in a thread where someone solved it by changing the browser setting to static instead of DHCP. Then he rebooted the router and his worked. Well, it did not work for me, but may be worth a try. I did find some other information that said the S4's browser is not compatible with chromecast. I'm starting to believe it because nothing has worked. I still get the message, can not connect to chromecast, make sure you are close by. If anyone out there can help us, we really would appreciate it.
- By Becka Knaak in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 28Last Post: 04-01-2015, 06:05 PM
- By ChinaOperatingSystem in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 02-28-2014, 08:07 PM
- By jlost in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM
- By windycityrider in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
- By 08silveradoonrims in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 09:07 AM