Chrome Beta shows Chromecast Support?
Would you use Chrome on your phone to beam things to your Chromecast (Web pages, videos other than YouTube, etc.) Or would you rather just use your PC?
I could see myself doing it.. For those "oh man look at this real quick" moments when the PC was off .
Enable Chromecast streaming in latest Chrome Beta for Android - CNET Mobile
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
- 03-04-2014, 02:50 PM #2
- 03-05-2014, 12:41 PM #3
- 03-05-2014, 04:27 PM #4
Re: Chrome Beta shows Chromecast Support?
I've enabled it and tried it on a few html5 websites and was able to cast video with no problem. If my laptop was available I would just use that, but I think it is really useful to have this on the phone - for example when you don't have your computer with you or if you are doing something else on the computer and don't want to use it's resources casting video, etc. or if your computer is in another room from the TV and you can't move it.
Also, some people's computers are not up to tab casting, which is the only way they could cast most of these videos from a laptop (except for the few supported integrated apps), so casting from a phone or tablet through an html5 player would enable those users to cast videos they otherwise couldn't cast at all.
- By fsomich in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4Replies: 6Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:46 AM
- By fiveHellions in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 2Last Post: 03-11-2014, 12:28 PM
- By Still Mostly Harmless in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 5Last Post: 03-04-2014, 05:14 PM
- By Redquill in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2014, 02:27 PM
- By starplayn in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM