Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome Beta shows Chromecast Support?

Would you use Chrome on your phone to beam things to your Chromecast (Web pages, videos other than YouTube, etc.) Or would you rather just use your PC?

I could see myself doing it.. For those "oh man look at this real quick" moments when the PC was off .

Enable Chromecast streaming in latest Chrome Beta for Android - CNET Mobile

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Default Re: Chrome Beta shows Chromecast Support?

That's amazing! I knew when I downloaded Chrome Beta it would do something special... eventually! I wanna try this!

Dunno if this is related, but battery usage for Chrome Beta after enabling Chromecast support has been high. Right now it's number one at 23%.

Posted via Android Central App

I've enabled it and tried it on a few html5 websites and was able to cast video with no problem. If my laptop was available I would just use that, but I think it is really useful to have this on the phone - for example when you don't have your computer with you or if you are doing something else on the computer and don't want to use it's resources casting video, etc. or if your computer is in another room from the TV and you can't move it.

Also, some people's computers are not up to tab casting, which is the only way they could cast most of these videos from a laptop (except for the few supported integrated apps), so casting from a phone or tablet through an html5 player would enable those users to cast videos they otherwise couldn't cast at all.