Chromecast: Will not cast Netflix from Android Phone

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that was the solution. I know it can be a pain. Now the real question is why did it tale that to fix it. O well glad you got it working for you.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

kirbyjr1977

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some help. With no problem I'm able to watch Netflix using my laptop to the Chromecast. From my GS3, I'm not getting the icon to cast Netflix. From my GS3, I have no problem listening to Google Music but Netflix and Youtube will not work. Anyone know why Netflix will work from my laptop but not from my phone?

I've rebooted the Chromecast and tried to uninstall and re-install Netflix on my phone and I still can't stream my my phone. Netflix works great from the laptop though!

Just join your home network. Duh cant cast if not on network. How would it know your personal ip..........YOUR WELCOME

Leif Holm

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem.
Can't stream to chromecast from my Sony Experia Z3 Compact running Android 5.0.2.
It's noting to do with the phone, because i could stream from my old Samsung S4 mini, until i updated that, then i got the same problem.
There is no problem casting from my laptop, nor a problem casting my screen from the phone.
When disconnecting my phone from wifi, and casting using pincode, it's work ok.
Anyone know if there's a solution on it's way, because it's really annoying :)

More info: When I choose to cast to my LG Soundbar og my Samsung TV, there's no problem, so no doubt that's it's a problem between android ver 5 and Chromecast.

Last edited:

Spumvis sivmupS

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem.
Can't stream to chromecast from my Sony Experia Z3 Compact running Android 5.0.2.
It's noting to do with the phone, because i could stream from my old Samsung S4 mini, until i updated that, then i got the same problem.
There is no problem casting from my laptop, nor a problem casting my screen from the phone.
When disconnecting my phone from wifi, and casting using pincode, it's work ok.
Anyone know if there's a solution on it's way, because it's really annoying :)

More info: When I choose to cast to my LG Soundbar og my Samsung TV, there's no problem, so no doubt that's it's a problem between android ver 5 and Chromecast.
I too have the same issue on my nexus 9.
Only Google music is working. I can cast my screen just fine too.
But when I try any other app, including YouTube, it doesn't want to cast.
I get "couldn't talk to Chromecast" error.

My wife can cast just fine on her nexus 7.

So frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Leif Holm

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
After the last android update 5.1.1 the problem is still the same.
Anyone know if there's a solution upcoming????

Posted via the Android Central App

Leif Holm

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I've just solved the problem.
Found out, that it was because I was using Unlocator.
When not using Unlocator the problem was solved.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ross French

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Just in case this helps anyone: found out why my device was having the same problem as Scott's (or so it would appear).

The Netflix account I use is a multiuser one. When signed in on certain users, I did not have the cast icon available to me. I've not managed to work out what causes some to give it and some not, so for now I'm just using the "Watch Together" user option, which seems to work fine.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy