Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromecast: Pink Screen of death

So i've been through 3 720p TV's trying to use my chromecast. Still getting the pink sceen of death. Netflix/Hbo GO/youtube still is pink...i've tried different HDMI ports...any solution? I've factory reset my chromecast 3 times with each new TV..I had no problem with my 5 year old 19 inch sharp lcd but it was time to retire it. All 3 tv's have been 32 inch 720p..any input would be greatly appreicated thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Nexus FTW

Default Re: Pink Screen of death

I stumble upon this idea and I hope it can help.

So what do I need to start using the Chromecast? Basically, apart from the device itself and the supplied cables, you will need in addition :

a TV with an HDMI port
    a USB port(for power) (preferred), or a nearby power socket
    a working WiFi connection, and
    a mobile/tablet device with the Chromecast app installed or Chrome web browser with the Google Cast extension.
    If the TV has only an HDMI port like the one I tested, Google has provided a power adapter which you can connect to the wall port and charge the device. If you still have an older version of TV which does not have the HDMI port, don’t feel sad because there is always a way out, you just need a couple of extra items to get started! I’m currently in the process of testing this possibility, and watch out this space for updates on that. Reviews have confirmed that it will work on older TVs, so yes expect the good news soon.

UPDATE! : Here’s some good news. Your old TV is about to get a lot smarter. Yes, Chromecast will work on your no-HDMI no-VGA RCA-only TV.