- 417 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Chromecast: How to connect/reconnect to already streaming content?
I heard that anyone with access to my chromecast can take over the control of the already running content. For example, I leave the house and my wife takes over the movie.
I still have no idea how to do that.
Also, sometimes I have an app crash and connection goes away while the video is still streaming on TV. I'd like to reconnect and take back the control.
Does anyone know how to do that?
- 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM #2
Re: How to connect/reconnect to already streaming content?
In most cases were I have been able to do it it has been as simple as opening the app that is doing the casting and then selecting the icon to connect to the chromecast.
They key is don't play anything just select the Chromecast icon and tell it to connect.
- 03-16-2014, 12:26 PM #3
Re: Chromecast: How to connect/reconnect to already streaming content?
In my experience, it is just as easy as the device being on the same network and opening the corresponding application which was controlling the Chromecast originally and it should automatically detect a movie or what have you in progress and allow for control of said content.
Posted via Android Central App
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM
- By angry english in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2014, 06:19 PM
- By kykos king in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2014, 05:07 PM
- By B45 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM
- By Tony_Offends_U in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2014, 04:15 PM