- 1 Posts
Chromecast on TV without HDMI
I have a somewhat older HD TV. I want to buy a HD component cable to HDMI converter off eBay. If I plug a Google Chromecast into the new HDMI will it still function as it is supposed to?
Here is the setup I am looking at doing:
- TV (With Component Cable slots instead of HMDI)
- Male Component Cable to Male HDMI converter
- Female HDMI to Female HDMI converter
- Chromecast (using male HDMI)
- 03-22-2014, 05:17 PM #2
Re: Chromecast on TV without HDMI
The problem as I see it would be HDCP. If the CC is forced to adhere to that as a requirement your plan is a no go. No analog connection will get HDCP on it ever.
If it doesn't you have a chance.
HDCP could also be application specific. Like it may be required for Play Movies, but not for Plex or other apps that do local content.
Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3Craig
Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
- 03-25-2014, 08:29 PM #3
- 03-26-2014, 08:47 AM #4
- By Oliver Hyde in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 8Last Post: 09-23-2014, 10:34 AM
- By richlaustx in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
- By felix001 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 PM
- By Sammuel1973 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
- By Gecko123 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2014, 01:29 PM