Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DolphinDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?

Hi its me again! This time with a teardown of the latest version of the MLB at bat app.
    Here is some icons I found:
    MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?-icon.png

This is in the AndroidManifest.xml file:
    MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?-mlb.png

Regards,
    SmItH197
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-03-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Thanked by 4:

Default Re: MLB At Bat readying chromecast support?

That would be amazing. I was watching the game on espn on my laptop thinking how great it would be if we could cast espn someday. MLB.TV would be awesome too

Sent from my Droid DNA using AC Forums mobile app

Nice find!

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Awesome news, thanks for this!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Your welcome

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I think this is actually a big deal. MLB Advanced Media powers other services like WWE Network, ESPN, March Madness, and The Blaze TV. I don't know the specifics, but it seems to me that MLB support means support from other apps is more likely. At least I hope.

I would subscribe in a second to mlb if they Chromecast. Had it on my wdtv live streaming box, but the interface was horrible and never worked properly!

Sent from my HTC One (M8).
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

ROM
    JellyBean AOSP

This would be amazing. I'm tired of paying the "Microsoft Tax" to use MY Xbox 360 to play media from a service they have zero to do with.

This is fantastic to know they're working on it. Thanks for creating this thread. I've sent a couple of tweets to @MLBTV and they've replied back to keep an eye on their website that lists their supported devices, but they never indicated for sure if they were definitely going to add support. Now it's just a matter of playing the waiting game I suppose.

Are there any other apps that feature live streaming on the Chromecast? YouTube doesn't support that yet I don't think and Twitch doesn't support Chromecast. I'm wondering if there are extra hurdles facing developers for Chromecast when it comes to live streaming for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronTV View Post
    Are there any other apps that feature live streaming on the Chromecast? YouTube doesn't support that yet I don't think and Twitch doesn't support Chromecast. I'm wondering if there are extra hurdles facing developers for Chromecast when it comes to live streaming for whatever reason.

Yes!!! Since yesterday's update of the bbc iplayer app you can stream all the bbc TV channels live to the chromecast as well as there catch up content. It works perfectly.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AaronTV View Post
    Twit Cast has live streaming, mostly tech shows. So it is definitely possible.
    Thanked by:

Cool Re: MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?

Looks like the AtBat app for iPhone has the Chromecast files ready to go as well...

MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?-untitled.png

Default Re: MLB At Bat readying Chromecast support?

Mlb live is now available for the Chromecast. 30 bucks a month is pretty step though.

Sent from my HTC One (M8).
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

I'm still waiting for the update. Is there any way to trick the Play Store into sending it my way or is it just time to sit and wait?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I'm still waiting for it to, as for your question I don't think there is. However someone who has installed the update could pull the the apk and upload it Then you could manually install it. However I haven't been able to find it online yet.

EDIT: no update is required!
    Last edited by SmItH197; 04-19-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Yup no need to update it just showed up for me yesterday. So far it's worked perfectly - makes the Chromecast so worth it for me as a Yankee fan in Baltimore.. hd quality games without having to plug my laptop to my hdmi and be unable to use it

Thanked by:

A lot of people on the MLB.TV forums including myself having terrible issues with chromecast. It will randomly rewind back 5 seconds or so and then catch back up and you missed an at bat or several pitches. Then it will fast forward and stutter. This happens several times each inning. Picture is excellent but I've missed a lot of good plays and at bats because of it rewinding and catching up 10 seconds later. Hopefully they get it sorted out. This happens on every love game I've tried. Archived games play flawlessly.

Mine loves to buffer. It does it too much. It is not due to lack of bandwidth... That's for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra
    lucky87ad likes this.

MLB.tv has had a lot of problems in general so far this year. It wasn't working ideally on any of my TV connected devices (except laptop I guess). Thus, I switched to DirecTV so I could enjoy Extra Innings, which comes with mlb.tv for free this year. I briefly tested the Chromecast stream, though, and it seemed to be working pretty well.

I'm consistently getting the buffering, freezing, and error 3 messages. I've yet to be able to watch more than 1 minute of continuous streaming. Very very frustrating. Hopefully they're quick to resolve the issue.

Yup. First day I used it everything was perfect but since then it freezes.. doesn't load at all.. plays for one minute then says stay tuned this game is about to start.. typical mlb.tv product

Can you tell me how to chromecast MLB.TV from my laptop? I sure as hell can't find the App that they say is a supported app. Very frustrating when they say they support a app MLB.TV Premium (and show it) but there is no place to find it to add. HELP!

Thasnks... Mike

The Chromecast supported app is the MLB At Bat app for android phones. It changes nothing for trying to cast froma laptop. To do that is still the same as it always has been. Go to the chrome Web store and search for Chromecast and then download the "Google Cast" extension (it's officially from Google). Then load up mlb on your laptop like you usually do and you should see the cast icon at the corner of the address bar and just click it. Once again this has nothing to do with what mlb updated. They released Chromecast support for the At Bat app. Tab casting from a laptop is going to be really sketchy. At least it had been in my experience on an Acer C720. Good luck!