Hulu Plus not working with Chromecast

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get videos from the Hulu app on my Tablet to play on my TV. After I launch Hulu, I press the chromecast icon and the Hulu splash screen appears on my TV. When I choose a video to play I get a choice of "play on this (tablet) screen" or "play on (TV)" No matter how many times I attempt to play it on my TV it always reverts back to the tablet screen. The Hulu splash screen remains frozen on my TV. Youtube works fine without any problems.
Some technical info: Tablet is a Nexus 10 with Android 4.4.2. Wifi is provided from a Hotspot created by FoxFi (unrooted version) on my phone (Nexus 4 also android 4.4.2) Via T-Mobile.
I have verified that Hulu is up to date. I have cleared the data/cache in Hulu but that still didn't help.
Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I connect to Chromecast from Hulu first. Then i choose to play a Hulu video and it goes to the specified Chromecast. I feel like your description is for a different Chromecast version.

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I connect to Chromecast from Hulu first. Then i choose to play a Hulu video and it goes to the specified Chromecast. I feel like your description is for a different Chromecast version.
Thanks for your reply Ollieg. I do connect to Chromecast as soon as the Hulu app is launched. One other thing I've noticed is that when I press the chromecast icon in Hulu it never turns blue like it does for youtube. I always stays white.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar