Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default just got chromecast

I just got a chromecast and I'm not sure if i had the wrong impression of it or what. I understand it streams video from netflix and youtube and that's all great, but I mostly watch movies that I have downloaded on my tablet. I was hoping to stream those movies from my tablet through chromecast. Apparently that's not what it does. On my tablet I use MX Player and I've read that doesn't stream to chromecast. Are there any free video player apps that anyone would recommend?

Default Re: just got chromecast

I think the app Plex will allow you to stream local media content (movies/tv shows/music) from your phone/tab to chromecast? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's one thing Plex can do.

Plex is for casting Media from a PC/Laptop/NAS using the Android device as a remote. It doesn't have casting from local storage support.

Allcast, LocalCast, Realplayer Cloud, Avia, & BubbleUPnP are the some of the options for streaming media stored on the Android device.

Torrent the allcast app BAM

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5