Google Play Music disconnecting

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I connect my Moto X to my Chromecast to play Google Play Music it constantly disconnects and the Chromecast even exits Google Play music.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fix?

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In the Google Play app on the phone try disabling the 'Cache during playback' and 'Automatically cache' settings. Fixed this issue for me.

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
In the Google Play app on the phone try disabling the 'Cache during playback' and 'Automatically cache' settings. Fixed this issue for me.

I tried these fixes, but still no bueno! How can YouTube and Pandora work so great with the Chromecast, but Play Music work so poorly! I wish Google would fix this bug.

What good is All Access if I can't listen to music on the best speakers in my house.

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried these fixes, but still no bueno! How can YouTube and Pandora work so great with the Chromecast, but Play Music work so poorly! I wish Google would fix this bug.

What good is All Access if I can't listen to music on the best speakers in my house.

I have this problem too. Although the app will stop playing songs even when not on Chromecast or even while out and about. I also can't get gapless to work. It's strange that 3rd party music apps work better than Googles own app with their own OS. Actually no, it's more than strange. It's dumb.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Chromecast and it works with HTC One (M7) pretty good! No issues. Have you tried another device maybe? Tablet maybe?

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Chromecast and it works with HTC One (M7) pretty good! No issues. Have you tried another device maybe? Tablet maybe?

I have all Nexus devices, and this issue happens with all of them. Chromecast not working with Google's reference devices is ridiculous!

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is working fine. I just updated it to 4.4.3 though.

All of my devices are on 4.4.3. I have an ASUS RT-AC68u router. I wonder if the router is the problem? If so, I'm not sure why all apps but Play Music are working fine.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
All of my devices are on 4.4.3. I have an ASUS RT-AC68u router. I wonder if the router is the problem? If so, I'm not sure why all apps but Play Music are working fine.

Any firmware updates for the router maybe? I'd start there. I have Comcast 20meg connection and everything seems ok by me!

petermpls

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue as well. I use both a Nexus 7 2012 edition and an HTC One M8. Seems to affect equally often. I am now trying bubbleupnp reading Play Music and it appears to be more stable with the Chromecast connection but need more time to confirm. Unfortunately, you give up a number of features with the switch. If any one has an idea on how to engage Google on troubleshooting, I would appreciate hearing back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87