Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Music disconnecting

Whenever I connect my Moto X to my Chromecast to play Google Play Music it constantly disconnects and the Chromecast even exits Google Play music.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fix?

Default Re: Google Play Music disconnecting

In the Google Play app on the phone try disabling the 'Cache during playback' and 'Automatically cache' settings. Fixed this issue for me.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neu smurph View Post
    In the Google Play app on the phone try disabling the 'Cache during playback' and 'Automatically cache' settings. Fixed this issue for me.
    I tried these fixes, but still no bueno! How can YouTube and Pandora work so great with the Chromecast, but Play Music work so poorly! I wish Google would fix this bug.

What good is All Access if I can't listen to music on the best speakers in my house.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    I tried these fixes, but still no bueno! How can YouTube and Pandora work so great with the Chromecast, but Play Music work so poorly! I wish Google would fix this bug.

What good is All Access if I can't listen to music on the best speakers in my house.

I have this problem too. Although the app will stop playing songs even when not on Chromecast or even while out and about. I also can't get gapless to work. It's strange that 3rd party music apps work better than Googles own app with their own OS. Actually no, it's more than strange. It's dumb.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I just got my Chromecast and it works with HTC One (M7) pretty good! No issues. Have you tried another device maybe? Tablet maybe?

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    I just got my Chromecast and it works with HTC One (M7) pretty good! No issues. Have you tried another device maybe? Tablet maybe?
    I have all Nexus devices, and this issue happens with all of them. Chromecast not working with Google's reference devices is ridiculous!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I have all Nexus devices, and this issue happens with all of them. Chromecast not working with Google's reference devices is ridiculous!

My Nexus 7 is working fine. I just updated it to 4.4.3 though.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    My Nexus 7 is working fine. I just updated it to 4.4.3 though.
    All of my devices are on 4.4.3. I have an ASUS RT-AC68u router. I wonder if the router is the problem? If so, I'm not sure why all apps but Play Music are working fine.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

All of my devices are on 4.4.3. I have an ASUS RT-AC68u router. I wonder if the router is the problem? If so, I'm not sure why all apps but Play Music are working fine.

Any firmware updates for the router maybe? I'd start there. I have Comcast 20meg connection and everything seems ok by me!

I have this issue as well. I use both a Nexus 7 2012 edition and an HTC One M8. Seems to affect equally often. I am now trying bubbleupnp reading Play Music and it appears to be more stable with the Chromecast connection but need more time to confirm. Unfortunately, you give up a number of features with the switch. If any one has an idea on how to engage Google on troubleshooting, I would appreciate hearing back.