Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Chromecast is an annoying piece of crap.

If you have 2 phones you can use one as a Hotspot and the other in wireless to rub the Chromecast.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Lok52 View Post
    If you have 2 phones you can use one as a Hotspot and the other in wireless to rub the Chromecast.

Can you provide more info on this please. Only issue is that it would be classed as tethering so still wouldn't be able to utilise my unlimited data allowance. I just don't understand why you can't just cut out the middleman, router etc. .

Yes it is tethering, one phone & the Chromecast use the other phone as a Hotspot. As for why you can't do it with one phone, you'll have to ask someone with a clue about how it works. But even if you could use just one phone, you would still be tethering the Chromecast to that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by G Muller View Post
    Can you provide more info on this please. Only issue is that it would be classed as tethering so still wouldn't be able to utilise my unlimited data allowance. I just don't understand why you can't just cut out the middleman, router etc. .

"Cut out the middle man" ----- What do you mean? How else would it have internet access?

Angry Re: Chromecast is an annoying piece of crap.

I have exactly the same issue.

So very annoying

I agree that it is a piece of crap. By the way it is nice to know that it has worked well on this forum for a number of people but how would people feel about buying a new car that only worked for 70% of the people that bought it. This product is a serious failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waldin View Post
    I agree that it is a piece of crap. By the way it is nice to know that it has worked well on this forum for a number of people but how would people feel about buying a new car that only worked for 70% of the people that bought it. This product is a serious failure.

Google has sold MILLIONS of chromecasts, is the cheapest out there compared to their competitors, and is seriously idiotproof....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Google has sold MILLIONS of chromecasts, is the cheapest out there compared to their competitors, and is seriously idiotproof....
    Yeah. It isn't 70%, it's more like 99.99% have had no problems. It sucks when you are one of the people that has problems, but it doesn't mean the product is a failure.

I thought mine was a piece of crap at first but it seems like once it got connected and up and running for awhile all the problems went away. Works great!
    BEACH BUM

Carrier
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Apparently not

Mine is working, I'm sorry yours didn't
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123