Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Android device mirroring coming to Chromecast

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    The only problem is, I'm not going to be doing something else while using mirroring. I guess I don't see the point of having something running on the screen while my attention is focused on something on my device.
    I agree! If anything it's a little gimmicky.

I'm just happy I can now share pics I take of my son on the big screen, without using some laggy third party app.

Posted via Android Central App

yeah I can see your point. it is, I guess a little cool to be able to see your stuff on a bigger screen. really nothing that great though. my son loves it though!

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I agree! If anything it's a little gimmicky.
    So many people apparently use the world differently than I do.

You guys really don't see the value of being able to add videos to a YouTube queue? Or look someone up on IMDb while streaming from Netflix?

Some people may despair the "lack of attention span" but I think the majority of people multitask these days. especially the young.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    The only problem is, I'm not going to be doing something else while using mirroring. I guess I don't see the point of having something running on the screen while my attention is focused on something on my device.
    A quick example of usefulness [that may not apply to you] is :A parent could start streaming DORA, Pokemon or Minecraft youtube videos for their kids and then continue to use their device while the children watch the show.

also plenty of people now tend to multitask while watching TV [really more listening ] checking emails, FB, etc.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

This mirroring feature is why I got the Chromecast in the first place. And I love that feature. Have a few issues with sound not working sometimes, but overall it's a cool feature. I also have a Roku 2, which JUST added Youtube, which I used a lot when I first got my Chromecast. Now I'll be using Youtube on my Roku, since it seems more stable than the Chromecast when streaming Youtube. BUT, I'll be using the tablet mirroring quite often. For an example, I'm a hockey nut, love the NY Islanders, and they were streaming a rookie scrimmage game on their app, I was able to mirror it and watch it on my 46" Samsung TV ! Technology is amazing !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12