Chromecast won't display anything despite being "ready to cast"

Maxamundo

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The problem occurs when I connect the CC to a brand new projector, an Acer H6510BD.

Please note that all tests are done with CC connected to a working wall socket.

Also, I've tested the CC on other HDMI monitors, and it works flawlessly and as expected.

Also, BOTH HDMI INPUTS on the Acer have been tested with a PC and work flawlessly.

My modem/router is a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 and has multicast and UPnP enabled, and is in the room with the CC when hooked up to the projector (excellent signal).

I read this thread and did what triolight and susanoo26 suggested and GOT IT TO WORK, but ONLY ONCE, but after turning off the projector and/or unplugging the CC from the HDMI and plugging it back in, I can't get it to work again.

I followed a process like this using my android phone to set up the chromecast (without a display):

• CC set up with wifi, but BOTH HDMI AND USB UNPLUGGED
  • Projector unplugged
  • plug in projector
  • plug in USB to CC until it holds white
  • plug in CC to HDMI
  • turn projector on
  • Phone does NOT find CC on wifi through chromecast app
  • unplug CC HDMI, refresh the app
  • phone now shows CC as "ready to cast"
  • plug back the HDMI into the same port, and it will display correctly

What I find really weird is that every time I plug or unplug the CC from any HDMI port, my phone's app refreshes automatically and re-finds the CC on the network.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to watch world cup on the big screen tomorrow if possible!

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa