chromecast update

LiTJ

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Today i got my chromecast mirroring my HTC one m8!

I didn't do anything, the cast symbol just appered on the screne while i was watching a film in Chrome.

Happy day =)

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, no mirroring on my HTC One M8 :(

You all are aware, aren't you, that the screen mirroring is in the Chromecast app, NOT the display setting on your phone.

Note the "Cast Screen" option in Chromecast app.

ynasygeg.jpg

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You all are aware, aren't you, that the screen mirroring is in the Chromecast app, NOT the display setting on your phone.

Note the "Cast Screen" option in Chromecast app.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/ynasygeg.jpg

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Duh!!! Of course we kno this already but its not present on the HTC One m8..u have a note 3 which is/was on the immediate list

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Granted, there is a good chance none of us know why the M8 is unable to mirror it's screen, but I will throw it out there anyway.

Is there any reason that you all know of that prevents or makes it harder for the M8 to mirror it's screen?

Is it a hardware issue or something with SENSE?

Any thoughts?

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Granted, there is a good chance none of know why the M8 is unable to mirror it's screen, but I will through it out there anyway.

Is there any reason that you all know of that prevents or makes it harder for the M8 to mirror it's screen?

Is it a hardware issue or something with SENSE?

Any thoughts?

Dan

I'm sure it's not software or Sense, my wife still has M7, it has same stock sense version and Android but mirrors. I think Google just doesn't care. I honestly don't think we'll ever get it. HTC is not a big enough company as Samsung, so it's probably not worth the effort to Google.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it's not software or Sense, my wife still has M7, it has same stock sense version and Android but mirrors. I think Google just doesn't care. I honestly don't think we'll ever get it. HTC is not a big enough company as Samsung, so it's probably not worth the effort to Google.

But they did the M7.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

What would be Google's reason for not caring.

After all, devices which are not capable of using a service or product they (Google) offers is one less potential person buying or using their services.

You could be entirely correct, but I am guessing it is more complicated than that.

Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey