- 8 Posts
YouTube won't cast
I have tried it on my phone and laptop. YouTube's dedicated cast button won't let me cast videos. If I'm on my laptop watching YouTube I can cast the tab, but I can't cast directly from YouTube. Anyone else having this problem? I get the message "Brain Freeze. Activity aborted." It has worked before with no problem. I have tried resetting the Chromecast to no avail. I thought perhaps the problem was my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), but like I said, it does the same thing on my laptop.
This same thing happened with Flixter. Netflix is off an on.
- 07-11-2014, 01:03 AM #2
Re: YouTube won't cast
Sounds like a router issue if it is happening on multiple devices. First check your router against this list: https://support.google.com/chromecas.../3477832?hl=en
Then check that upnp is enabled, igmp is enabled, AP isolation is disabled, and you are not using a vpn or proxy when this is happening. If you have mac address filtering enabled, you will need to add the MAC address of the chromecast to your router.
- By OhAlfie in forum LG G2Replies: 8Last Post: 08-21-2014, 10:40 AM
- By Mooncatt in forum HTC One M8Replies: 4Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:09 AM
- By Nickoc in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:19 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2014, 08:15 AM