Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brining Chromecast with me to stream?

Got a Chromecast, searched but maybe I'm not searching the right terms. Haven't set it up yet but was wondering say if I hang out at my neighbors, can I bring it with me and stream from my house.... or does it not work the way I'm thinking lol? I know I can at my house obviously in or out, but sometimes we all hang out at ones house and drink and watch movies whatever, all of us have setups outback with tvs etc (nice to chill on the water and relax lol). So was thinking would it work if were at ones house and just plug into their tv?
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

Default Re: Brining Chromecast with me to stream?

i don't see why not. but you'll have to set it up at each location and you'll need a live high speed WIFI network.

It needs a wireless connection storage from your phone. If your buddy has gone wifi, or yours reaches his place, you can plug the Chromecast into his TV and set it up.

Posted via Android Central App

We took one on vacation with us a few weeks ago. Connected it to the cottage wifi, and were able to stream. When we came home, it connected back to our network.