Using Chromecast with external storage

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
On my Nexus 10 I use a Leef Bridge USB flash drive to store files such as images, videos and music. I can view these files on my tablet via Nexus Media Importer. However, I'm trying to find a way to streams these files to my TV via Chromecast. NMI itself doesn't seem to support Chromecast and the Chromecast apps I have installed such as Castaway, Cloudcaster, or Localcast seem to only recognize internal files or files stored on cloud sites such as Google Drive or Dropbox, but not the files on the flash drive.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
On my Nexus 10 I use a Leef Bridge USB flash drive to store files such as images, videos and music. I can view these files on my tablet via Nexus Media Importer. However, I'm trying to find a way to streams these files to my TV via Chromecast. NMI itself doesn't seem to support Chromecast and the Chromecast apps I have installed such as Castaway, Cloudcaster, or Localcast seem to only recognize internal files or files stored on cloud sites such as Google Drive or Dropbox, but not the files on the flash drive.
What about Allcast? Have you tried that? It may require the paid version to unlock the extra features. I would suggest giving the free version a try and see if it's what you are looking for: AllCast - Google Play Store

Baba Khanna

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Try the Nexus media Importer to mount your drive and then Use Local Cast free which works like a dream to throw content on your TV with Chromecast.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer