Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using Chromecast with external storage

On my Nexus 10 I use a Leef Bridge USB flash drive to store files such as images, videos and music. I can view these files on my tablet via Nexus Media Importer. However, I'm trying to find a way to streams these files to my TV via Chromecast. NMI itself doesn't seem to support Chromecast and the Chromecast apps I have installed such as Castaway, Cloudcaster, or Localcast seem to only recognize internal files or files stored on cloud sites such as Google Drive or Dropbox, but not the files on the flash drive.

Global Posts
    9,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Using Chromecast with external storage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank999 View Post
    On my Nexus 10 I use a Leef Bridge USB flash drive to store files such as images, videos and music. I can view these files on my tablet via Nexus Media Importer. However, I'm trying to find a way to streams these files to my TV via Chromecast. NMI itself doesn't seem to support Chromecast and the Chromecast apps I have installed such as Castaway, Cloudcaster, or Localcast seem to only recognize internal files or files stored on cloud sites such as Google Drive or Dropbox, but not the files on the flash drive.
    What about Allcast? Have you tried that? It may require the paid version to unlock the extra features. I would suggest giving the free version a try and see if it's what you are looking for: AllCast - Google Play Store
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Try the Nexus media Importer to mount your drive and then Use Local Cast free which works like a dream to throw content on your TV with Chromecast.

Why use something like localcast when we now have chromecast support on ES File Explorer?

Posted via the Android Central App