Beyond frustrated

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the best place to get help (if not if someone could suggest a better forum that I might get more help I'd really appreciate it). Okay, so I'll admit I haven't really used the chromecast extension on my desktop in a while but I tried casting a youtube video today and (just to show how long it's been) I just realized Google updated the chromecast "features" of youtube.

I just have one real problem and maybe I'm the only one in the world this bothers but I searched and I just can't find anything helpful. When I pick a video from a playlist that Google, in all its infinite wisdom, has set to auto-play, it adds every single video from the playlist into my TV Queue. Even if I've disabled the auto-play feature before connecting to my chromecast. So I wanted to create a small playlist and I added seven videos my TV Queue no problem, when I tried to add the eighth, which is part of a playlist, I all of sudden have 189 videos added to my queue with no way to delete the unwanted ones without going in a removing each one individually. It is beyond frustrating. I've tried every way I can think of to add videos that are part of a playlist but no matter what I do before I hit that connect button it will add every single. [langage removed by Moderator]. video.

The worst part of course is that I can remove all videos from queue but that also includes the ones I added and the one that's currently playing. If there's no way around this I might have to well and truly abandon using my chromecast and I really don't want that to be the solution so if anyone can please help or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm using Chrome. I usually use Chromecast from my tablet and (as a procrastinator) I sort of haven't updated in a while. On my tablet it works as it should. Adding only individual videos to your queue as you select them.

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this issue as well. It's annoying. I have no help to offer but you aren't the only one who thinks this is bizarre and unintuitive. Even with that issue, though, I'm not aware of any better way to watch YouTube on the TV.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12