How to use hotspot and chromecast with one mobile device?

ItsMeSri

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am just trying to find out how can I use single device for hotspot and stream to chromecast. exxample my mobile device can enble hotspot with foxfi. when I enable foxfi uses the mobile data. But chromecast app needs wifi connection search chormecast devices.
Is possible to use single device as hotspot with mobile network as well as network as well as wifi to chromecast?

Last edited:

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Nope. You can't use a device as a Hotspot & use it for Chromecast at the same time. You need a second device to cast something.

Posted via Android Central App

aniket_srivastava

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
one of my friends is using Chromecast and his Google Nexus Phone to connect the phone directly to his chromecast by starting hotspot in his device and then screen casting / casting videos from youtube directly. no wifi router involved. and of course mobile data gets used in this.
so there is just one TV with HDMI input, one chromecast device connected to TV HDMI port and USB port for power, and one google nexus mobile phone with hot spot enabled. and the chromecast works perfectly.

i have HTC One phone, and I haven't been able to do this from my phone. i need a wifi router in between to connect my phone to the chromecast.

i hope it helps.

grantwilliams

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes you can connect it with one mobile.checkthis post
forum.xda-developers.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/how-to-directly-cast-android-device-t2791313/page3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm