Chromecast no longer working

Lee Wood3

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, my chromecast has suddenly stopped working. When I plug it into my TV the word chromecast appears at he bottom then it goes off and the no signal sign comes on. My cc has worked on this TV for months, I used the same HDMI port for other devices and that works fine. I have tried rebooting my TV, a factory reset on my TV a factory reset on the cc and nothing. I have tried both power supplies and nothing and the cc works on the tv upstairs so thats not at fault . I am completely baffled. Any help appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question, maybe, but did you switch the input on the set to the HDMI port the CC is plugged into? (I know mine switches automatically when CC gets connected to, but maybe your TV stopped doing that - or maybe your CC stopped supplying the signal that make it do that. I just use CC, I haven't probed it to see what makes it tick.)

Lee Wood3

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have yes, I have tried most little tricks a Google search has supplied but nothing so far. I see it saying chromecast whole booting then it loses signal.

Chirag Fisher

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Does any have solution for this, it is the most common topic without any solution.

Restarting TV doesn't work...
Plugging CC after starting TV doesn't work....
Factory Reset doesn't work.....

Any help, solution would be appreciated. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay