US Netflix Chromecast DNS Issue

crE1

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I live in the UK and am trying to get netflix to cast to my chromecast. I have a chromecast device connected to my TV and it works great. Apart from US Netflix.

I understand that I cannot cast US Netflix "as is" because of the chromecast's locked DNS addresses. I have read quite a few posts and have tried re-routing the DNS, here's what I've done so far...

Router: D-Link DIR-615 (latest firmware)

- Logged into my router and changed the DNS to an american one known to accept netflix traffic (works on my tablet).
- Gone to the "routing" part of my router settings and added the following rules...

Destination address: Subnet: Gateway:
8.8.8.8 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 (the IP of my router)
8.8.4.4 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 (the IP of my router)

I've rebooted everything but still no joy. I just cannot cast US netflix stuff to the device!

Is there anything I'm missing here or am doing wrong?

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I live in the UK and am trying to get netflix to cast to my chromecast. I have a chromecast device connected to my TV and it works great. Apart from US Netflix.

I understand that I cannot cast US Netflix "as is" because of the chromecast's locked DNS addresses. I have read quite a few posts and have tried re-routing the DNS, here's what I've done so far...

Router: D-Link DIR-615 (latest firmware)

- Logged into my router and changed the DNS to an american one known to accept netflix traffic (works on my tablet).
- Gone to the "routing" part of my router settings and added the following rules...

Destination address: Subnet: Gateway:
8.8.8.8 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 (the IP of my router)
8.8.4.4 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1 (the IP of my router)

I've rebooted everything but still no joy. I just cannot cast US netflix stuff to the device!

Is there anything I'm missing here or am doing wrong?

Its not your local IP, it's the IP your router presents to the world....and that is assigned by your ISP and that tells Netflix you are not in the US. You can't just pick any old IP address and start using it.

You also can't use a DNS server (Google's public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) as a gateway.

You need to contract with someone who has a US addressed proxy server to make it look like you are in the US.

It's also illegal. ...but I am guessing you don't care.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm