Is Chromecast not working?

anon(9347632)

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Chromecast not working

My Chromecast was working just fine but last night my TV said that there was no signal. I tried rebooting, factory resetting it, but it just says "Chromecast..." on the bottom of the screen and then there is no signal. I contacted google support but heard nothing back yet.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chromecast not working

Wait for them to reply (they probably won't on the weekend). It's possible that the Chromecast itself just went bad.

anon(9347632)

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I think that might be the case. I will probably just end up ordering a replacement. I had only used it 5 or 6 times though...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

In the electronics industry, it's known as "infant mortality" - a device failing after a few minutes or a few hours. It's possible with the best quality parts.

Jeff Blackhurst

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

I have had the same problem. I called Google today and they had me try it on a different tv, it worked and I set it up but went back to my main tv and it still does not work except to show me an Exclamation Point screen(which it displays very well) when I hold the reset button and asks me to go to chromecast.com/startup-issues. This has been the worst purchase I have made in a long time and I am extremely displeased with the quality of the product.

Chirag Fisher

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Does any have solution for this, it is the most common topic without any solution.

Restarting TV doesn't work...
Plugging CC after starting TV doesn't work....
Factory Reset doesn't work.....

Any help, solution would be appreciated. Thanks