How do I connect to chromecast via a set top box?

A

AC Question

How do I connect to chromecast via a set top box

I am trying to run Chromecast from a Nexus 7 tablet to TV through a TEAC HDB850 set top box. I can't find the code on the TV screen. The chromecast ap was set up and casting but now set up fails and the previous wifi connection seems to remain active. I can't reset the chromecast app. I am told by some that chromecastd wont work through a set top box which does not make sense to me since it is just another source of narrow cast: if broadcast via cable connected to the set top box is visible on the tv set why shouldn't chromecast?

Des

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I connect to chromecast via a set top box

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but your setup is a bit confusing to me. Chromecast needs to connect to an HDMI port, either on a TV or an AV receiver. The Chromecast then connects to your home wi-fi network, and pumps the video and audio signal from whatever is streaming directly into that HDMI port.

Are you plugging the Chromecast into an HDMI input on the set top box? If so, then is there an option to select an input on that box, as if it were an AV receiver?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007