Chromecast Help

danielgomez2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Spent hours on the phone with Google, and even they couldn't solve my issue.

My Chromecast has always worked perfectly. Recently, however, it started getting really choppy and freezing up on chrome streaming sites.

App sites like Netflix and Youtube work perfectly. When its HuluPlus (browser) or videos directly off browsers, it's extremely laggy.

I have tried: rebooting Chromecast, factory settings, reinstalling Chrome, getting a new Chromecast, restoring laptop to factory settings, turning router off and on, moving even closer to router, lowering to standard resolution...

Nothing works.

Please help! :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This probably won't help, but did you also remove the Google Cast extension from Chrome, and then add it back again?

I also wonder if it might be a router-specific issue. Can you test out a different router? At some point, it might be worthwhile--you can get some decent wireless N routers for about $20. Or see if you can borrow a friend's.

Another thing that probably won't help--open Chrome's settings, and under System, make sure "Use hardware acceleration when available" is checked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34