Can I get some help with Chromecast wifi problems?

A

AC Question

chromecast wifi problems ??

the google wifi dongle appears to have a major floor ! after casting through the dongle to my tv the wifi to my nexus 5 phone no longer works ! this problem has been ongoing for some time now - the dongle somehow overrides the settings on my nexus 5 phone - i find this very frustrating as i have to restart and readjust the phones settings to get the home wifi working on the phone again ?? i rebooted my phone twice and the problem still persists ! can anybody fix or help with this problem ? my guess is there is cross/connect problem with a shared wifi signal ??( the dongle and phone sharing the the same wifi signal ?)

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: chromecast wifi problems ??

During initial setup of the Chromecast it uses it's own temporary WiFi AP called 'Chromecast' which your phone connects to but isn't used again once the Chromecast knows about your local router. It just MIGHT be that your phone still has some confusion about that WiFI so look in your phone's WiFi list and delete/forget the Chromecast one.

Failing that just reset the Chromecast and start again. There is a small button on it, just hold it down for about 30 secs and it will restart and require setup again.

Setup tip: The Chromecast can be a pain to set up unless you use the original, or an otherwise decent USB power supply. Once set up it'll work ok with maybe a USB socket on the TV but don't trust that initially for setting it up. Learnt from hours of time wasting!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma