Chromecast with smart tv

Khalid Brown1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Never considered getting a Chromecast. But just looking for a nice gadget. Is it with getting Chromecast if I have a smart TV. Is it more convenient or just a waste of my money?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
It's the most useful thing you could buy for your tv I think. It's always going to be easier using apps on your phone or tablet and sending to tv with a couple of clicks.

Compare phone to tv: better interface, more memory, faster processor, more apps, regular updates, portable content.

Just use tv as a monitor and buy whatever box suits you best, but Chromecast is so useful and so cheap it is the best place to start.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Never considered getting a Chromecast. But just looking for a nice gadget. Is it with getting Chromecast if I have a smart TV. Is it more convenient or just a waste of my money?

smart TV is just clunky and useless. chromecast is the best purchase i have ever done.
I use it every day and its very convenient

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Netflix considers each device showing its media as a separate entity for purposes of monthly charges. The more devices the more you pay. Is Chromcast or the tv you show it on considered a separate Netflix device?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Netflix considers each device showing its media as a separate entity for purposes of monthly charges. The more devices the more you pay. Is Chromcast or the tv you show it on considered a separate Netflix device?

Hmm that's a good question I would guess it wouldn't since the phone is calling the action for Netflix to be used on the Chromecast. I would recommend looking at Netflix's FAQ.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

I use Netflix on both my phones, tablets, laptop and desktop, smart tv, Nexus Player and Chromecast (new and old devices) and never get billed more than $7.99 a month.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I struggled with my Samsung (dumb) smart tv for 2 years. I had Chromecasts on 2 other TVs and just loved the ease of use as well as add apps and features. Finally broke down and got a Cromecast for it. Now even technically challenged husband can watch stuff without help. The chunky poorly functioning remote of dumb tv was so inferior to the joy of using phone or tablet. I'm a huge Cromecast fan.

Also, I used Netflix on many devices at many locations, including sharing the accout access with my son who lives 40 miles away. I pay only one fee.

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not the number of devices, it's the number of simultaneous streams under the user account.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I found because I have a note 3 I cannot chromcast 1080p because I cannot GET 1080p. Only Note 4 or GS5 or later get Netflix in 1080p. I see no reason why. Originally they told me any phone with 5.0 or above. Now they sent me an email explaining my phone will never get 1080p. I do not wish to update because note 4 users say latest update ruined their phone and note 5 has no hdmi out.