Streaming amazon on a chromecast?

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to directly stream amazon videos to the chromecast yet?

I know there is a work around where you mirror your computers stream by casting the tab. I really want to cast from the chromecast directly.

I have ordered a fire tab (The $50 one) that I plan on rooting and installing Cyanogenmod on or at least adding google apps until CM 12 is functional on this device. I was kind of hoping there is an unofficial amazon video app that allows me to do this.

Any help, good or bad is appreciated.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Very simple really. From an android device. From the amazon app store just install their instant video app. Then from the chromecast app just cast screen, select your chromecast and voilá.

From a pc, the chrome browser will let you cast any browser page. To cast a file from your pc, get the free chrome extension, VideoShare

From an Amazon device like Fire I would think they have their own instant video app.

You may have to select your tv input if it does not auto switch.

Hope that helps

Diane

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Very simple really. From an android device. From the amazon app store just install their instant video app. Then from the chromecast app just cast screen, select your chromecast and voilá.

From a pc, the chrome browser will let you cast any browser page. To cast a file from your pc, get the free chrome extension, VideoShare

From an Amazon device like Fire I would think they have their own instant video app.

You may have to select your tv input if it does not auto switch.

Hope that helps

Diane

Thank you for the reply. I am pretty sure that the Amazon app blocks your Android device from mirroring now. I an however aware that mirroring is possible as a work around.

I would really like to be able to stream directly from the chromecast where I can actually turn off whatever device started the stream if I chose. I also would like to have 5.1 surround support which you do not get when mirroring.

I'm guessing you would have to hack the chromecast itself so when it requests a stream amazon thinks it's an approved device. But maybe this is handled with the Amazon app. I'm not sure how they detect chromecast?

Well, I'm guessing this can't be done at this point. Since I'm no developer if there isn't a hack out there to allow this it's just not going to happen for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I am pretty sure that the Amazon app blocks your Android device from mirroring now. I an however aware that mirroring is possible as a work around.

I dont know about amazon blocking, I use the Chromecast screen cast feature to watch amazon videos all the time from my Galaxy Note tablet, using the Amazon video app.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I dont know about amazon blocking, I use the Chromecast screen cast feature to watch amazon videos all the time from my Galaxy Note tablet, using the Amazon video app.

That's very interesting. There is no amazon video app available for my Nexus 7 tablet that I am aware of. I could Use my galaxy S5 to try mirroring though

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-player/527914-amazon-instant-now-available.html
That's very interesting. There is no amazon video app available for my Nexus 7 tablet that I am aware of. I could Use my galaxy S5 to try mirroring though

huh I wonder if you could side load it? I have the apk, I think thats how I got it working, if I remember right

see if this link helps

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-player/527914-amazon-instant-now-available.html

burramarie

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have an android phone and from the Play Store I downloaded the Google Home app and in the upper right hand corner it tells me that it is picking up my chromecast. I also downloaded from the Playstore the Amazon Prime Video App as we are members, but it does not give an option to cast to our chromecast, how do I do this please? Thanks