Linux on Cr-48

aslowe

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Cr-48 since they started the program. I use it everyday. I would like to do some light development on it but the chrome store doesn't really offer much in the way of development software. So I've decided to put a full blown version of linux on this thing. I am going to use either Ubuntu or Mint. I have found walkthroughs but I haven't seen much in the way of how it performs. If this is going to be way to much for the machine to handle I would hold off. Has anyone done this and would you be able to tell me how it performs?

Here's an update:

I've flashed the rom and removed Chrome OS. I am trying to install Mint. I run through the installation without a problem but when I go to reboot it cannot find a boot partition. From what I've googled it has something to do with the missing grub. I can't figure how to get that installed so I can boot without a liveCD. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
i have Debian Linux dual-booting alongside the stock Chrome OS on mine. I, however, did it the complicated way and compiled and signed a kernel that the stock firmware would boot. I did previously have arch Linux installed on it booting with the leaked insyde bios, but that wasn't really any different than a normal install. I have no experience with mint, so idk if i could offer any help there, but it should just work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance