1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Anyone considering a Chromebook?

Has anybody that has a CR-48 considered getting one of the new Chromebooks from Acer or Samsung?

The Samsung is looking really nice...but I'm not sure it's worth actually spending money on right now.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I think the two being offered are only going to appeal to early adopters, just because of the price. If they get dropped into an Acer One body, and sell for 250$, then they will appeal to a much bigger audience.

I'm curious if any businesses or schools will bite on the lease plan Google is offering. That seems like a hell of a deal, and a Chromebook is the ultimate computer to use to protect users from themselves
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I dont think its a big enough hardware boost for me too shell out that kind of money when i could get a android tablet for that kinda cash

Short answer: Heck no.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I am not. Between a laptop computer the phone and my Xoom why buy one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I am not. Between a laptop computer the phone and my Xoom why buy one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Instant-on + amazing battery life. And a REAL full desktop browser, not a mobile browser with a desktop setting.

The only two things that I need a windows machine for are ADB stuff (really Google?) and ZunePass.

Like Jerry said it could be awesome for a certain market, and any company willing to test new technology that's easy to support and quick to roll out to the workforce.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got one and I must say it's very useful, but I also have a Xoom... It's great it can be laggy at times and Angry Birds isn't really playable in HD. Still, I could imagine how it could be useful to someone on the go, but I have my tablet and phone for that, so maybe if you don't have one of the two it could be very useful.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

I'm thinking about getting one. I love the concept and the specs seem to be just what I need.

Default Re: Anyone considering a Chromebook?

I am not so sure if the price justifies it. I might consider it if the price goes down.
    Banned

Default Re: Anyone considering a Chromebook?

The Google Chromebook made by Acer is a smaller model, much more like a netbook that we're used to seeing.