Jelly bean ota - who got it?

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
My theory of Android OTA update is there are certain number of spots available. Where ever a spot is open and your phone happened to be one checking the update then you get it.

Framework holds the data when it was the last time the phone checked and by clearing it connects to the server right away rather than having a data saying all slots were busy.

Region, IMEI, nor serial numbers matter. As more people receiving the OTA, you should have easier/shorter times of doing clear cache and update.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

skatopias#AC

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just receive the Jelly Bean update a few minutes ago with a stock nexus from 4.0.4. Everything went smooth as expected. Glad to see it's rolling out quickly today. Hope everyone enjoys!:)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What a time to be without Wi-Fi, GRRRR!

(Cleared Framework Services one time to get it)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Zikeji

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Downloading it right now. I had a prerelease rom but there were to many things that weren't working properly; hopefully the OTA official release helps.

solu

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine and love it ... the lag is completely gone from Google Wallet.

Had to use the clear framework trick to get the update. :)

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Got the update while I was at work today. This feels like a whole new device. Reception seems to have improved here significantly. I'm totally falling in love with the Nexus all over again. I am happy damnit!

hpham72

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got it. Didn't have to clear or do anything. Looked at the phone and it showed a prompt to install.

With the speed and Google Now, it's like a whole new phone...

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
YES!!! Got the "System Update" notice today. Had left the GNex home and was using the iphone 4S today. Got home to the nice update notice. :D

It was already downloaded, just needed to hit "install now". Bingo worked. :)

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Took a few tries but the clear framework worked and downloading now. :)

Edit - And...done. I was a little upset at first, the first swipe on the home screen and it stuttered...but that went away and it seems fairly buttery now.

Last edited:

Nlever

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It works! You just need to remember to stop the framework, after clearing it. Once I did it it worked immediately. I had been trying check update for two days. The voice recognition is ridiculously good. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma