Car Dock -- which ones work?

herpofderpius

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Good morning. I just bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus and am wondering if the Verizon car dock will work with the GSM version, or im i'm stuck waiting forever for the official car dock to be released on the Play Store. If there are other alternatives, i'd appreciate it!

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Good morning. I just bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus and am wondering if the Verizon car dock will work with the GSM version, or im i'm stuck waiting forever for the official car dock to be released on the Play Store. If there are other alternatives, i'd appreciate it!

Yes I've used ProClip since 2009 in all of my cars. I just added my Nexus last weekend.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

ctjzc.jpg

Reactions: xavierpoe

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll also add a nod to ProClip. I have the one in Mobimop's photo. Slides in and out easily yet is very stable. Not cheap though but worth every penny.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

The OEM car mount with pogo pin support is available at the Samsung & Google web stores iirc. Will only fit GSM / Intl version as you have. Beautiful and pricy but I would take it in a second if the VZW version worked w it.

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

Don't waste your time with the Verizon version. It's a severely overpriced hunk of useless plastic. You're far better off with a generic car mount from ProClip, iBOLT, Arkon, or the like. They're better, cheaper, and you'll be able to use them with future phones.

The OEM car mount with pogo pin support is available at the Samsung & Google web stores iirc. Will only fit GSM / Intl version as you have. Beautiful and pricy but I would take it in a second if the VZW version worked w it.

It looks like the Samsung mount for the GSM GNex is out of stock or discontinued. On the Play Store, the Vehicle Mount (and the landscape dock) is listed as "coming soon." Samsung's site doesn't list it. Hell, it doesn't even list anything GNex (any version, any accessories).

If it were available, it does work with the LTE GNex with a minor modification. I have one and it's vastly superior to the one VZW sells since it uses the POGO pins (no fumbling with charging after inserting in the dock) and will put the phone into "car mode" for easy use in the car. The suction cup is rather weak, though.

Reactions: xavierpoe

bjs188

May 29, 2010
Visit site
one nice thing though about the VZW version, it fits even with the OEM 2100 mah extended battery. Sucks that it doesn't do anything for pogo pins, wish it charged. But I have been known to exceed the "recommended" speed limit and drive a little rough, and it has never fallen off

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Pro-Clip users, does it fit extended battery too? (not gianormus 3000 one, just the oem 2100)

Yes fits perfectly however I have the Samsung 2000mAh battery as I have the GSM model. ProClip has holders specific for the GSM or CDMA versions so just make sure you order the correct one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon