Received My Glass today

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am #teamcharcoal

I have played around a bit. But my first annoyance -

Glass and my Note 3 are coached via BT.
I get into my car, and the BT connection starts flipping between the car and the phone.

So I shut Glass down, my phone connected to the car with out issue. I started playing music.
Turned Glass back on, and it did not fight to connect to BT this time, but instead just connected to my phone's hot spot.

So I think the issue is my car (2011 Kia Sorento) only connect to a device that currently had no other BT connections.

Anyone experience similar?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Any more updates on your experience with glass. I got my invite a few days ago and pondering it. Biggest issue right now is I don't want a orange or blue one.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... while they are neat to play with, and the nerd cred is currently unmatched, I decided to return them. Again while neat, and I truly believe in the products future, there just was no killer app that justified the $1,500 price tag. For significantly less, maybe... I will hold out until the consumer version is released sometime in 2015. $1,500 is just too much for the current capability AND battery life.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to comment on what the OP said about it flopping between Glass and his car. First that is completely a function of the phone and not glass. I think this is about bluetooth profiles and such that the car supports. I have a Chevy with Mylink 2013 and it seems to work great. I get in my Equinox and my note connects to the car in headset mode and somehow keeps attached to glass for data. It is clear on the phone that it is using different profiles for each device. Glass actually has a icon that looks like a watch. My car has a icon that looks like a headset. I suspect you would have the same issue if you had Galaxy Gear.

If the profiles are conflicting then that would kind of explain it.

Omega Dave

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah... while they are neat to play with, and the nerd cred is currently unmatched, I decided to return them. Again while neat, and I truly believe in the products future, there just was no killer app that justified the $1,500 price tag. For significantly less, maybe... I will hold out until the consumer version is released sometime in 2015. $1,500 is just too much for the current capability AND battery life.

I was going to purchase a pair myself to play around with them, but I figured it was best to say no this time around. Also, I had no idea we'd have to wait for 2015, it seems like by that time, someone else will have their own smart eye wear.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem with this mentality is just simply you don't really know if it will get to market or when it will happen. It is a amazing opportunity to help develop the device and make it what it will be when the general public does get it.

My only worry right now is that there will be a major revision with hardware that will lead to lack of support. I see a new version with a more power efficient and cooler running dual or quad A7 cpu as a real possibility. Other then that for battery life I don't see much that needs to be done to the hardware. The software is really where the important things are. It needs to really be fine tuned to provide allot of useful hand free features and that is somewhat limited now.

I think the term explorer used to describe most of us that have them is really a great way to look at it. When you look at what it does well I think that is probably it's best use. To explorer the world around us either with navigation or with apps that help present the world around us in a new unique interactive way.

Now is that worth 1500, I am really not sure. It is at best a stretch, but then again any of us that really take these seriously should already be in that mind set considering this still a very experimental device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers