Philips Hue Integration

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have Philips Hue lights? I successfully integrated them but not sure all the available commands. I've figured out how to toggle on/off and brightness and color, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to go to a programmed scene I've set up.

I also haven't figured out a way to assign a light to more than one room or group so I can command a group of lights in multiple rooms with one voice command.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off and on all lights by specifying all. I've also noticed you can control a single light even if it's part of a group by specifying just that light.

Still playing around with it, buy yeah I'd love to be able to control scenes.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
How do I change the color black to "Normal"? When I choose white it is super white like a bathroom or kitchen light, when I choose orange or yellow it is very orange to yellow. Has anyone figured this out? What color is "standard" or "normal"? (Neither of those commands work).

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
How do I change the color black to "Normal"? When I choose white it is super white like a bathroom or kitchen light, when I choose orange or yellow it is very orange to yellow. Has anyone figured this out? What color is "standard" or "normal"? (Neither of those commands work).

I use a scene in hue and turn on the scene with IFTTT and a key phrase.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody have Philips Hue lights? I successfully integrated them but not sure all the available commands. I've figured out how to toggle on/off and brightness and color, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to go to a programmed scene I've set up.

I also haven't figured out a way to assign a light to more than one room or group so I can command a group of lights in multiple rooms with one voice command.

Maybe try *Dim the ligts* once you've set the color. The IFTTT might be the best route until Hue support is a bit more robust, though...

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

If you name or nickname your lights carefully, Home can be smart enough to associate them. For instance... if you name 3 lights 'front door', 'front porch', and 'front deck', "turn on front lights" or "turn on fronts" will turn all three on regardless of what rooms they are in.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. The original Hue Hub I had was returned, and through the Philips Hue site I hadn't removed it from my account so IFTTT wasnt working because of that. It is now and it is pretty awesome I must say! :D

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Great! I also have a recipe to change the lights to the color #fbb876. It's fairly soft, but you can also adjust it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12