Can you use Chromecast Audio?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've tried many ways to transfer audio playing on Home to my speaker via a Chromcast audio but I'm always told to say the device name even though I am.
Is there a trick to setting it all up or is it even possible? It plays YT videos to my visual Chromecast device ok.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Was the Chromecast Audio device visible to the Home when you set it up? There should've been a page during setup where it could see other Chromecast devices and connect to them.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Was the Chromecast Audio device visible to the Home when you set it up? There should've been a page during setup where it could see other Chromecast devices and connect to them.

Yes I have it connected and it's showing in the Home app along with the Home and my Shield TV, all connected to the same network. I have te Chromecast Audio named as "Speakers", but when I have something playing on the Home and I ask it to transfer or play on "Speakers" it tells me it doesn't know the device and asks me to say the name of the device. On the flip side, if I say to "play on Shield" it works to that no problem.

Strange one.

Edit: Actually, I get you now. I got the Chomecast Audio with the Home, so I think the Home was set up first. Do you need to reset and set-up the Home each time you add a new cast device? I'm planning on adding another couple.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Found some settings in the Home app, looks like not Chromecast Audio for now. "Audio Cast" is the name of my CC Audio (I renamed "Speakers" from the post above).

qnrxqu.png

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought a chromecast audio today to use with my sonos speakers (which is kind of silly since I can just pick up my phone and type whatever I want to hear.) But I wanted to have some fun with playing music and controlling it with my voice (which is also kind of silly because when the music is playing I have to really shout at the google home.) Any way when I say ok google play bad girl by usher on sonos ( I named the chromecast audio sonos) it seems to fail because it can't find a song on google play music called "bad girl" by an artist named "usher on sonos". But when I told it to play "my Memorial Day 2015 playlist on sonos" it worked perfectly. I bet that if I find a way to word my request better she'll figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon