Commercials...

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have my Google Home set up by my TV and every time a commercial with "OK Google" comes on the TV, the speaker goes off. Anyone else experience this problem?

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I was watching a video on YouTube thru my Roku on my TV and everytime they said "Ok Google" my Google Home device responded. I finally had to turn the mics off until the video was done. Very sensitive mics on this device.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No but my wife called my daughter by saying "hey booboo" and it triggered.

LOL I just tried that and it did respond :p LOL I am going to start activating my Google Home by saying Hey Boo Boo :p That is awesome

Update: Saying "Hey BooBoo" triggers assistant / home but doesn't take any commands, at least on my G-Home

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Why can't home be trained like our phones can...to recognize MY voice. I'd far prefer setting that up because it would also be another layer of "security"...I don't want just any of my friends coming in and asking Google what's on my calendar...it is none of their business! However from the sound of it I might be an unusual case...seems most people getting these are families or at least a couple under the same roof. It's just me and the cat so I don't need to "share" anything.

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have my Google Home set up by my TV and every time a commercial with "OK Google" comes on the TV, the speaker goes off. Anyone else experience this problem?

I wouldn't say it's a problem. It's funny. I have happening as well. It doesn't know just one voice. It will respond to "ok google" or "hey google" from anyone including the TV.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny and a bit deceiving that the phone in the commercial responds twice as fast as my GH when it gets activated by the commercial.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think they might have updated G-Home to not pick up on the commercials as easily. When the Pixel commercial played a couple times last night I noticed the G-Home did not trigger. It did light up a couple times but it did not respond to the questions asked in the commercial like ti did before.